Booked your big day? Have you bought or seen the dress? Book your pre-wedding and guest venue accommodation whilst it’s still early.
You can be perfectly prepared and arrange to have your bridal or groom’s party get ready for your big day whilst bonding and in ultimate comfort, making happy memories of your big day from the moment you awake.
You can exclusively hire our very special guesthouse in the heart of Southend-on-Sea. Your florist can deliver here. Your photographer can take preparation photos in our beautiful guesthouse and just outside with stunning views of the clifftop gardens and with the estuary as your backdrop.
We take bookings years in advance, so please don’t put off getting in touch. There’s no obligation, and you are welcome to come and have a look at our lovely guesthouse facilities.
Previous guests have also used the opportunity to get together the evening before for a pre-wedding buffet. It’s not often you get to spend quality time with all your relatives, so having your wedding celebrations start a little earlier will add to the occasion and could even help calm nerves!
Some of the things we have done for previous guests:
- Provisionally book in advance all rooms, or a number of rooms (with guests then calling us to confirm their rooms, with card details being taken but not charged until the stay*).
- Prepared wedding-eve buffets in our tearooms for family and close friends (with exclusive use of tearooms).
- Taken delivery of wedding flowers and buttonholes for the wedding party and guests.
- Moved furniture around to enable hairdressers and make-up artists to attend to the bridal party needs in their rooms.
- Assisted wedding party and photographers to enable best images of wedding preparations.
- Lending the groom cufflinks when they forget to pack their own!
*Our usual cancellation policy applies.
Share our home comforts and enjoy the best views in Southend. We have 12 rooms spread over 5 floors, accommodating up to 22 people. Our garden suite comprises two bedrooms and a lounge area with a sofabed which can be set up for families with children, and also have access to a private patio garden. Some rooms also have sofa beds, therefore we can accommodate a total of 29 guests within the Guesthouse.
If you are looking for a wedding reception venue, take a look at The Arlington www.thearlingtonballroom.co.uk. Its elegant Art Deco function suite is unique and versatile, perfect for events from weddings to birthday celebrations to charity balls.