At Gleneagles Guesthouse you can expect an excellent breakfast, after a restful night’s sleep.
Included in the price of your stay is a freshly prepared, home cooked full English breakfast or alternative of your choice, waited to your table. In fine weather, guests can enjoy their breakfast dining al fresco on The Terrace with stunning views of the Thames Estuary. Gleneagles is one of only two Southend guesthouses to be able to offer this dining experience.
- Freshly brewed coffee or tea
- Fresh orange or apple juice
- Full English breakfast : Unsmoked back bacon, pork sausage, free-range eggs (poached, fried or scrambled), black pudding, baked beans, mushrooms, grilled tomato, hash browns.
- Selection of hot or cold cereals
- Fresh fruit and yogurts
- We also have Gluten-free options
Homemade food, freshly prepared using local produce
Proprietors Garry and Penny were both born locally and are committed to supporting local business. Wherever possible, they purchase supplies from the local economy including:
- Quality meat supplied by Marsh Butchers, High Street Great, Wakering.
- Bread is freshly supplied by Beach Road Bakery.
- Free range eggs from Boxes Farm at Hullbridge.
Local independent wholesaler Montines also supplies much of the guesthouse’s bulk purchase items.